Meet with an attorney online or by phone to draft the court documents for you!
We help self-represented clients by drafting the court documents for you. Once you pass our screening process, we will set up a virtual clinic meeting or phone call to work with an attorney. The virtual meeting will be similar to a FaceTime or Skype interview. You can call-in if you do not have a camera on your phone or computer or if you do not have internet access.
You can do the intake process online or in person. To do the intake online, simply request our intake form below and follow the instructions.
- You must be representing yourself in court.
- You must meet our income guidelines or .
- You must call and be screened to see if your case is something we can assist with.
- Fill out our intake forms, you can email us at- firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com to have us send you our intake forms or call and speak with one of our with our Attorneys and they can assist you.
- Print and fax or scan the completed the forms at your convenience to 1-801-854-5115.
- Client Information Sheet- This document will ask for your information. Make sure to fill out every box (write a “0” if it does not apply to you”).
- Representation Agreement – This document states that you allow volunteer attorneys to help draft documents
- General Authorization to Release Information – authorizes Timpanogos Legal Center, or representatives of their
office, to obtain any information regarding details of your case and information they may need to assist you.
- We will email you or call you within three days to let you know if you have been approved.
- Once you have been approved, we will set up a virtual meeting or phone call with an attorney.
TLC offers a new virtual Document Clinic for pre-screened clients. Clients must be self represented (no attorney). Clients sign a “Limited Scope Representation Agreement” allowing volunteer attorneys to help the client draft documents relating to divorce and custody cases (for example: Temporary Orders, an Order to Show Cause, Alternate Service and Modifications). The client is sent a link. When the client clicks on the link in the email the client will automatically join a virtual session in which the client can see the volunteer attorney, the law student and the TLC attorney. During the clinic the documents are prepared and emailed to the client.
The Representation ends when the documents are complete. The Program Coordinator may follow up to make sure the client didn’t run into barriers when filing the documents and arranging for service of process.