Meet with an attorney to draft the court documents for you!
We help self-represented clients by drafting the court documents for you. Once you pass our screening process, we will set up a virtual clinic meeting with an attorney. The meeting will be virtual, similar to a FaceTime or Skype interview. You can call-in if you do not have a camera on your phone or computer or if you do not have internet access.
You can do the intake process online or in person. To do the intake online, simply fill out the form below and follow the instructions.
- You must be representing yourself in court
- You must meet our income guidelines
- You must fill out our intake form below (or in person) before we can help you
- Fill out the intake form below, or meet with our reps in person so they can help you.
- You can print and fax the forms at your convenience to 1-801-854-5115. Click here to print form. New Client Intake May 2018
- Client Information Sheet- This document will ask for your information. Make sure to fill out every box (write a “0” if it does not apply to you”).
- – This document states that you allow volunteer attorneys to help draft documents
- We will email you or call you within three days to let you know if you have been approved.
- Once you have been approved, we will set up a virtual meeting with an attorney.
TLC offers a new virtual Document Clinic for pre-screened clients. Clients must be self represented (no attorney). Clients sign a “Limited Scope Representation Agreement”Representation Agreement-Document Clinic, allowing volunteer attorneys to help the client draft documents relating to divorce and custody cases (for example: Temporary Orders, an Order to Show Cause, Alternate Service and Modifications). The client is sent a link. When the client clicks on the link in the email the client will automatically join a virtual session in which the client can see the volunteer attorney, the law student and the TLC attorney. During the clinic the documents are prepared and emailed to the client.
The Representation ends when the documents are complete. The Program Coordinator may follow up to make sure the client didn’t run into barriers when filing the documents and arranging for service of process.